In Episode 20, Tysen and Allen answer the first 20 questions they received from the Podcast listeners. We touch on making peach session melomels, common meadmaking problems, the mead industry, starting a meadery, and even how Allen and Tysen first met.
We also feature a MeadMakr Spotlight with Blacksnake Meadery from Dugspur, VA. Steve and Jo welcomed Tysen and his family a few weeks back. Hear what they have to say about the meadery.
Drinks in this Episode
- Tysen: Traditional Mead (516 Brewery [a friend’s home meadery label])
- Allen: Squashed (Blacksnake Meadery)
Links in this Episode
- Find out more about Blacksnake through the following links:
- The etymology of the word mead
- The GotMead Mead Calculator
- The BJCP Mead Test
Cover image courtesy of Gratisography.