In episode 19, we tackle the topic of cysers with Dan Daugherty from Cidersage and Cider School and Matt Williams from Winemaker’s Academy. Recall from Episode 2 that cysers are simply meads made with apples and honey. Dan and Matt talk us through the apples you need to make cyser, where to find them, and how to process them for your mead.
Drinks in this Episode
Links in this Episode
- Get in touch with Dan:
- Get in touch with Matt:
- The cider apple varieties
- Why cider apples are hard to find
- Cidermaking books
- The New Cider Maker’s Handbook, by Claude Jolicouer
- Craft Cider Making, by Andrew Lea
- Cider: Making, Using, and Enjoying Sweet and Hard Cider, by Annie Proulx and Lew Nichols
- For Dan’s complete list of recommended books, check here.
- Poverty Lane Orchards
- United States Association of Cider Makers